We wanted our scenes to be filmed in a darker environment but to the way the camera picked up the lightening, we know it would cause the footage to be grainy. We experienced this issue when we did our preliminary task and what we took away from it was that we need to film in day time but edit the scenes to make them dark. When researching how to make the scenes darker, I discovered that we could use an adjustment layer. Even though we didn't use any adjustment layers in our trailer as we later discovered that we could just colour the actually footage, I thought it could still be nice to document.
I followed this youtube tutorial to help guide me:
To create the adjustment layer what I did first was go to the little create tab along the bottom of the screen and choose adjustment layer. A window then popped up and I kept the dimensions the same and then presses 'OK'. After that I dragged the adjustment layer on top of the clip I wanted to colour correct. I opened the adjustment layer on effect control and under Video Effects, I drew a square around the entire clip using the square tool from opacity properties. I lowered the opacity of the square as I didn't want the changes to be too dramatic. After that I went to Lumetric color and under basic correction, I changes the colouring to what you can see in the picture.
The reason we didn't use an adjustment layer was that it would create the footage to buffer when we wanted to play through it as we edited it. We were already have problems with the software as the file size of the clips were so big due to the high quality camera we used. After doing more research we discovered a way to colour the actual clips which in the long run was easier and quicker to use.

No comments:
Post a Comment