Friday, 2 February 2018

Magazine - shots taken/mise-en-scene

This the picture that I used for the front cover of my magazine. What I liked about the picture was the colour of the sky. I felt the darkness added a level of horror and made it appear more scary. Also her stance is quite intimidating. She looks like she is about to cause trouble. We took a lot of other kinds of pictures too but felt like this one would suit it the most. She is wearing black as she wears black throughout the whole trailer so it makes them link. Her angle of gaze is directly at the camera. This shows that's she isn't shy but means business and isn't afraid of confrontation.  We also took the picture at a high angle to make her appear more scary and her seem more intense. We used a mid shot as I didn't want to focus on her body but instead her face and body language.

These are some of the other pictures I took. The one on the left is quite similar to the first one but the sky is more grey. Also the angle is high compared to the other. I didn't like how she wasn't centered and how the sky wasn't as dark as the one I chose. With the one on the right, it is completely different. I placed her in front of trees and you can see some birds that resemble ravens. the branches link it to the trailer and the poster. We also experimented with a hoodie as I thought it would be easier to work with in Photoshop that cutting out her hair. In the end we didn't chose it because the hoodie made her look not like herself in the trailer and even though I loved the background, I knew it would be hard to write features on top of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment