Sunday, 11 February 2018

Individual Contribution

In this blog post, I am going to outline all the contributions I made to my groups work.

To being with when it came to planning, I helped to come up with the narrative. I introduced the idea of having an antagonist that carried a secret and helped explore the ideas around that. I decided on the names of the characters and how that played a role in the characteristics that they portrayed as well as researched films that had similar stories to ours. Fatima and I, collectively created the prop and shot list, script and shooting schedule as it was important to be on same page about the details of the trailer.

When it came to the trailer, we shared the filming. The shots include the establishing shot, close up of Raven outside and Phoenix in the background, Phoenix telling Skye about her concerns, the shot where Phoenix is following Raven, when Phoenix discovers the secret on the computer and when Raven messages her at home, the ending of the trailer where Raven is turning her head and most scenes in between as well as the last shot where Raven is waving the knife.

With the trailer, I did most of the editing. I create the sequence and put everything in order. I colour corrected some of the scenes and added fades and transitions. We co-edited the titles and coloured them too. With the sound, I made the voices overlap the scenes and Fatima and I both did the music.

I also created the magazine. I took the picture, edited it in Photoshop and added the features. I asked Fatima for help with the colouring and overall advice. Even though Fatima created the poster and constructed it , I helped out with some of the creative decisions such as choice of image and placement of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment